Working in a Group Home with adults with disability or mental illness. To provide persons supported with quality services. Assisting them to become as independent as possible. Transporting them to outing in community, doctors appointment, etc. Assisting them to reach the goals that have been developed for them.
4 Week Rotating Schedule: 1st Shift 6am-2pm
Week 1: Saturday & Sunday
Week 2: Friday & Saturday
Week 3: Saturday & Sunday
Week 4: Friday & Sunday
1. To receive, read, and be familiar with the Employee Handbook regards personnel Policies and Procedures for the
2. Required knowledge, skills, abilities, and specific consumer competencies: Knowledge of basic principles of I/DD,
ability to work with persons who may be different from me in areas of ability, age, economic status, socially, etc;
empathy and understanding of consumer problems and ability to respond to these problems;
ability to determine consumer needs; ability to engage with and build a rapport with the person served.
3. Become familiar with and implement the individual’s habilitation plan-the Individual Support Plan to address the
individual’s identified goals according to the service definition.
4. Document the service provided in progress notes. The basic data included in these notes will include
observations, consumer participation, and progress, behavior changes, or any pertinent
information relating to the consumer. All documentation must be completed on the day the service is
provided and completed in BLACK INK only. Use of “white-out” is not acceptable.
5. Adhere to company policy that prohibits taking a person supported to a private residence without written approval of
administration or leaving consumer unattended in a vehicle or at any other public place.
6. Submit all required documentation by the deadlines specified by the Supervisor.
7. Obtain and keep current all training required by the agency, according to the service provided and according to the
individual’s needs. Understand that failure to renew training by date due will result in immediate removal from
schedule until training is brought up-to-date.
8. Attend all mandatory staff meetings and consumer conferences or give advance notice to Supervisor as to reason(s)
for inability to attend.
9. Receive supervision from Supervisor/Qualified Professional (QP) or Associate Professionals (AP) grandfathered in
as of the waiver implementation of 3/31/12 at least quarterly and as needed either face-to-face, via phone, or group
10. All paraprofessionals and associate professionals will be supervised by a Qualified Professional in accordance with
G.S. NCAC 27 G .0204 (b) (c) (f) and according to licensure or certification requirements of the appropriate
11. Work only authorized hours unless specifically approved in advance by Supervisor/Administrator.
12. Report changes in person’s condition, family situation, or needs to the Supervisor.
13. Report any allegation of consumer abuse, neglect, or exploitation of consumer to Supervisor to be
investigated and an incident report to be completed, along with a report to the local DSS.
14. Report any destruction or theft of agency property to Supervisor.
15. Report any possible fraud against the consumer or agency to the Supervisor to be investigated.
16. Perform other duties as required by circumstances.
Must be 25 years old (requirement by auto insurance company) with High School Diploma or GED and be able to read, write, understand and follow directions. Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry /Health Care Program or be listed on the HHS/OIG List of Excluded Individual/Entities. SBI and DMV records must meet the requirements of area mental health contracts.
Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred but not required.