Assist with adults with I/DD disability in a day program setting. Implement individual Person Centered Plan involving skills that promote independence while instructing, modeling, assisting the consumer in daily living skills, socialization, leisure and /or recreational activities, educational and vocational skills.
1. To receive, read, and be familiar with the Employee Handbook regards personnel Policies and Procedures for the
2. Required knowledge, skills, abilities, and specific consumer competencies: Knowledge of basic principles of I/DD,
ability to work with persons who may be different from me in areas of ability, age, economic status, socially, etc;
empathy and understanding of consumer problems and ability to respond to these problems;
ability to determine consumer needs; ability to engage with and build a rapport with the person served.
3. Become familiar with and implement the individual’s habilitation plan such as Individual Support Plan, or to address
the individual’s identified goals according to the service definition.
4. Document the service provided in progress notes. The basic data included in these notes will include
observations, consumer participation, and progress, behavior changes, or any pertinent
information relating to the consumer. All documentation must be completed on the day the service is
provided and completed in BLACK INK only. Use of “white-out” is not acceptable.
Day Supports Worker
Individual (T2021) or Group (T202HQ)
(NC Innovations Waiver/Cardinal Innovations)
5. Adhere to company policy that prohibits taking a person supported to a staff’s private residence or leaving consumer
unattended in a vehicle or at any other public place.
6. Submit all required documentation by the deadlines specified by the Supervisor.
7. Obtain and keep current all training required by the agency, according to the service provided and according to the
individual’s needs. Understand that failure to renew training by date due will result in immediate removal from
schedule until training is brought up-to-date.
8. Attend all mandatory staff meetings and consumer conferences or give advance notice to Supervisor as to reason(s)
for inability to attend.
9. Receive supervision from Supervisor/Qualified Professional (QP) or Associate Professionals (AP) grandfathered in
as of the waiver implementation of 3/31/12 at least quarterly and as needed either face-to-face, via phone, or group
10. All paraprofessionals and associate professionals will be supervised by a Qualified Professional in accordance with
G.S. NCAC 27 G .0204(b) (c) (f) and according to licensure or certification requirements of the appropriate
11. Work only authorized hours unless specifically approved in advance by Supervisor/Administrator.
12. Report changes in person’s condition, family situation, or needs to the Supervisor.
13. Report any allegation of consumer abuse, neglect, or exploitation of consumer to Supervisor so it may be
investigated and an incident report to be completed, along with a report to the local DSS.
14. Report any destruction or theft of agency property to Supervisor.
15. Report any possible fraud against the consumer or agency to the Supervisor to be investigated.
16. Perform other duties as required by circumstances.
Must be 25 years old (auto insurance company requirement to drive a company vehicle) with High School Diploma or GED and be able to read, write, understand and follow directions. Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program. Experience with persons with Mental illness preferred but not required. Must have clear SBI and DMV records and maintain them during period of employment.